Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea that I think could be HUGE. But...I'm not really in a place in my life right now where I should be starting up a WAHM business, and I probably won't be for a while. Is there a way to sell my idea to a WAHM? Has anyone ever done that before? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I don't know. I have brilliant new business ideas every 3 months or so! It is so hard not to pursue them all! LOL
I have just resided to taking on only what I can handle and what I am happy doing.

There is plenty of time down the road when the kids are older to pursue more and more in terms of business (for me, anyway). As for selling your ideas, I am not sure exactly how you would do that unless you set up a patent, trademark, copyright, business or something tangible to sell.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I agree, it's hard to sell an idea only. First, you'd have to tell someone what that idea was before they would agree to buy it. Then what's stopping them from just using it without paying? It's only an idea, so there's no way to protect yourself. Unless you could start up the site, etc so the person would have to actually buy that from you it doesn't seem possible. Hang onto it, you might find that you're really passionate about it and will find a way to make it work. Or do what I do and pass it on to a friend who will make it happen. It's nearly as fun watching someone else make your idea a reality, if you don't have the time or resources to do it yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.