Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would frog it and do it again.
BUT that's based on me trying to imagine what yours looks like....instead of gradually decreasing around the armhole, your decreases are all at once.... also, you're adding a bit of width at the top - if you're using bulky yarn that gets 3 stitches/inch, that means you're adding 2 inches across the top - that might not look right.
regardless, I know if it were me, I'd frog it. I'd be afraid that the armhole would jut out strangely.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alaska View Post
i would frog it and do it again.
BUT that's based on me trying to imagine what yours looks like....instead of gradually decreasing around the armhole, your decreases are all at once.... also, you're adding a bit of width at the top - if you're using bulky yarn that gets 3 stitches/inch, that means you're adding 2 inches across the top - that might not look right.
regardless, I know if it were me, I'd frog it. I'd be afraid that the armhole would jut out strangely.

:

It just won;t look right, and now you've got to replicate the mistake to make it even on both sides???

Nah. You're not too far into it, and even if you were, it's much harder to fix once you've bound off. Frog it and start again.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I am working on a dress for DD for Easter. Its a sleeveless style. I got to the decrease for the armholes and after the initial BO 4 st on each side the instructions read "dec one st at the end of each needle three times" I read that as dec one st at end of each ROW instead. I got the rest of the armholes done for both the front and back, THEN counted the number of stitches on the needle for working the neck... So, wondering if I need to undo the armholes completely now or if I will be ok. Basically I should have decreased a total of twelve stitches (front and back combined) and only did six. My logic makes me think that since its a sleeveless dress anyway I can leave it, but before I finish it any further I figured I better check with the pros
What would YOU do?!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
To clarify: that's insert a lifeline at the relevant place, and frog back to the lifeline. I hate to say this, but it's a "me too." It'll look much better if you go back and fix it.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I would frog it. I got stuck recently on misreading part of the Jamesey pattern from Knitty.com, and had to tear out several inches live, at like 200+ stitches all the way around! It was terrible. Now that I am back in the groove, I really feel better knowing I did it right.Otherwise everytime I look at it, It would REALLY bother me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.