Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Of course our ped is on vacation. i went to another Dr, but dont feel comfortable trusting him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS is 27mo. He has been sick since around Nov 5. it started as just a cold, which we all had. Everyone got better & he got worse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I knew he needed to see a Dr when we were on vacation (of course). Two weeks into it he still had thick yellow/green discharge from his nose & his cough sounded terrible. he never had a fever.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We went to the Dr (our ped) & he said to go on antibiotics & that he probably had a touch of bronco-pneumonia at some point. He said his lungs were filled with fluid.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ds was on Azithromycin for 6days. His cough almost stopped & no more runny nose. 2 days after stopping the meds I noticed his nose sounded a little stuffed. 3 days & he is coughing again & now has a fever, which varies betw 99.4 & 101.9. Our ped is now on vac until next Wed. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The thing is... he keeps saying his mouth hurts. I dont see anything, but when I touch on his top molar he said that was it. It is about 1/4 decended.  Fever from this??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today, the Dr I went to said his lungs sound good, ears & throat look good. He wants him to go on an antibiotic bec 3 dys after being on an antibiotic he now has a fever. Agmentin (sp?) for 10dys & prescription cough med & tylenol for the fever.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I dont know if I should do the antibiotic or just wait a day & see what happens. His lungs are clear & that was my main concern. I have been giving him Hylands cough & cold & using some EOs too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>WWYD??</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts