Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a missed m/c in mid-March with a D&C on March 19. I started temping right after (here's my <a class="bbcode_url" href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SKJ2011" target="_blank">chart</a>) and detected ovulation on April 10 (CD 23) and a HEAVY AF showed up on April 18. I've been having my hcg checked weekly b/c it's been going down SO slowly:<br><br>
3/19: D&C<br>
4/3: hcg = 102.6<br>
4/9: hcg = 37<br>
4/17: hcg = 13.6<br>
4/24: hcg = 6.4<br><br>
So, the OB who did the D&C said DO NOT try again until my hcg is zero. She considers zero to be less than 3. I would really like to start trying right away b/c it took 10 months to get pregnant this time and I do not want to delay. The OB (I usually see a midwife) is having me come in again next week for another hcg test.<br><br>
I assume that my hcg will be 3 or less by next week. The earliest I've ever ovulated is CD 13, which would be Monday. So, I don't want to not try this month and find out at my next blood test that my hcg was "zero". Also, if I only ovulate on Monday or later, there is no way that my hcg would increase (due to a new pregnancy) if I do conceive b/c hcg only goes up as after implantation, right? Also, an hcg of 6.4 can't mean anything was left behind, right? What would be the risk?<br><br>
I have emailed my midwife to see what she suggests.<br><br>
WWYD?<br>

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, my midwife responded and what she said made a lot of sense. In case someone else find themselves in the same position, here is what my midwife said:<br><br>
"The reason we make an issue of being all the way to zero is to rule out lingering hcg that could indicate a very rare condition where persistent placental type tissue becomes abnormal."<br><br>
Looks like I'll be waiting this month. I'm glad to have an answer that makes sense to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts