Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my aunt-in-law last night and her daughter just had a baby. 1 week ago. The baby is having trouble nursing and her daughter really wants to nurse. She is intimidated to go to LLL because of their reputation as "boob nazis" (sorry to even use that term). Her baby cries and arches her back every time she tries to nurse her. Her mom did say that the baby will take a bottle and a pacifier (could be part of the problem). Her mom really wants her to nurse as does the new mommy. I want to help her in some way, but I don't want to be overbearing. I've never met the cousin. Do you think I should print out some stuff from kellymom for her? Should I just direct her to kellymom or mdc? I did tell her to tell her daughter that LLL isn't like that and she'd be able to get help from them. How do I help without overstepping my boundaries? I mean, this isn't even my family, it's my inlaws... Just dont' want to step on any toes.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If my in laws had eny expreience bfing I would have been thrilled if one of them could have stepped in and helped me figure a few things out in those first few weeks. DS and I had (have) these same problems, he would and still does sometimes kick me and arch his back and refuse to nurse because of stress and frustation I think. She might be happy for the help from someone who's been there before. Maybe if you made it clear your feelings would not be hurt if she changed her mind and wanted you to back off a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts