Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm supposed to go spend a few days with a friend of mine. She told me she's a little weird feeling and that she's getting little bumps on her mouth. She said her nephews had blisters on their mouth and she thinks she got something from them (hand, foot, mouth disease?) Anyways, she's insisting that I come over anyways. While I usually don't take extraordinary precautions about DS getting exposed to viruses, he just got over roseola a few weeks ago and is still at the end of a cold this week.
I think DS (and me) are just too tired right now to go through another sickness.
So my question is...if I go there and she doesn't pick him up, hug, and kiss him...should he be ok?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
If its H,F, and M disease (and it sure sounds like it) its HIGHLY contagious. Its doubtful DS would not get it if he went over there.

On the other hand, its the kind of thing that isn't TOO terrible, and you want to get at some point in childhood, like chicken pox.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I wouldn't even consider going if it wasn't for the fact that she's leaving for CA and I won't see her for about a year. She's one of my closest friends, and I travelled down from CT to NY to see her this week.
How long would something like this be contagious? Maybe I could delay it till the end of the week?
I was just guessing about the HFM just because she had blisters in her mouth, but whatever it is must be contagious since she got it from her nephews.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.