Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I've been out of town and only just stumbled on this thread. I am *sooo* sorry that this is happening to you!!

Could you make smoothies? You can pack a lot of nutrition into them. You can use whatever fruits and fruit juices you can tolerate, and you can add tufu, nut butters, flax oil or meal, and I'm sure there are other things that I can't think of right now. I think some have suggested adding cooked carrot and beet, and cooked greens. Since it's all pureed maybe it would work for you??

How about pureed soups. Like Imagine cream soups, or add to them and puree again, or make your own. And how about broths (vegetable, chicken, beef -- sorry to offend if you're a vegetarian), or miso? I would try drinking them instead of some of your water intake, since they have more nutrients and calories.

How about adding nut butter to your cereals? I don't know if that would be too much, but maybe you could start with just a little, and if that works add a little more next time.

If you can eat mashed potatoes, can you eat mashed sweet potatoes? Just bake them up, remove the skins, and throw the sweet potatoes in the food processor. They're really good with some almond butter and soy milk added.

How about custard? Is that something you can eat? You could make it with soy milk.

I have no experience with this, so I hope I haven't just suggested a lot of things you can't do.

Lots of
, and I hope you can avoid the feeding tube!

Christie

ETA: Here's a link to some good smoothie ideas http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...ighlight=wheat

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.