Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had two kids leave. I'm looking forward to CDing a newborn for my next placement. I want to build up my stash now in preparation. I was wondering which dipe you all prefer for NB, especially for throwing in the diaper bag. I have 6 XS FB already (would that be enough for outings?) I have ordered some kissaluvs 0 and bitty buns small for around the house. Do I really need to get the VB AIO? They seem to fit so well in all the NB pics I've seen. I don't want to spend money on these, that I could use for some other dipes. I'm just worried about the NB poop (not BF poop) leaking out of the FB leg holes.

Which would you use the FB or VB?

· Registered
10,121 Posts
I loved them both. FB have the great advantage of being fleece lined, but the fit of the VBs was *perfect* for my babe. The VBs are also easier and quicker to put on with the velcro (though if you prefer snaps you can get those). And XS VBs come in colors - XS FB are only white. Pricewise, they're exactly the same.

Personally, I'm *very* glad I got VBs, too (actually, it was the XS FB that were my "extras!"). There were some days I reached for one and somedays the other, but both got used a lot. The only thing with the FB for me, especially as he got bigger, was that they just looked odd. The VBs are so perfectly trim that they always looked great. Both work well, however.

Oh, for poo explosions, both held quite well. Never had an explosion out of either of them. I did have a tiny leak or two out of FBs, but that was probably due in part to mis-snapping. The VBs are more adjustable with the velcro, so that probably helped avert some accidents due to user-error.

Don't know that I'm any help, but I did just love my XS VBs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.