Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our second u/s yesterday at 7w4d and baby bug measured 7w5d and had a 160 hb.... We had one at 6w4d and all was well then too, but I wanted to see some growth and a raise in hb before rejoicing! YAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yay! Congrats on your growing bug! Will you be posting a picture?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
Yay! Congrats on your growing bug! Will you be posting a picture?
As soon as I can hook up the scanner...probably this weekend...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLmommyathome View Post
Had our second u/s yesterday at 7w4d and baby bug measured 7w5d and had a 160 hb.... We had one at 6w4d and all was well then too, but I wanted to see some growth and a raise in hb before rejoicing! YAY!!!!!!
congratulations! I'm just curious, why was a second ultrasound done when the first one seemed fine? My doctor (and more specifically, my insurance) limits the number of ultrasounds that I can have per pregnancy. So my doctor isn't likely to order one unless a problem is suspected.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP View Post
congratulations! I'm just curious, why was a second ultrasound done when the first one seemed fine? My doctor (and more specifically, my insurance) limits the number of ultrasounds that I can have per pregnancy. So my doctor isn't likely to order one unless a problem is suspected.
I had fertility issues in the past due to PCOS and insulin resistance. PCOS puts you at a higher chance of a miscarriage and then to top it off I had an ectopic pregnancy in Nov. 09. So even when not TTC I am under the care of my reproductive endocrinologist becuase of the insulin resistance and the high number of cysts on my ovaries which can burst during pregnancy or anytime really. So when PG, we go every week for weeks 6-12 for ultrasounds to look at changes in my ovaries, but also to see that the baby is doing all that it should. Then I graduate to the regular OB and proceed just like everyone else.
I am very grateful for the coverage we have through DH's job. And I know some people shy from the U/S but I love the peace of mind. After years of infertility and health problems, every pregnancy is a true miracle for us and it makes me a paranoid wreck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.