Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently flew alone with ds, 19 months. We took Midwest Airlines from LAX to Kansas City, and it was the BEST flight ever, in part because of the flight attendant. After we had boarded the plane, she came by and made sure to tell me which emergency exit was closest in case of an emergency and to tell me the safest way to hold ds during the flight. Then she said, "and, during take off and landing, its great to give babies a bottle, or to nurse them."
: Later, when she saw I was nursing my little toddler, she brought me a pillow for my arm to rest on.

What a great way to welcome a nursing mom on board!

Better still ... they had vegetarian entree options, and warm cookies after lunch.

I hope all nursing moms who have to travel will consider flying Midwest Air; and I'm going to write them a letter to thank them for their hospitality.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That's great that you felt so comfortable and taken care of! Such a breath of fresh air. And wonderful that she said that even though your *baby* is not much of a baby, as far as most people are concerned.

Do write them a letter. PErhaps that stewardess will get a bonus or something.

Sus

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey, thats great!

We flew Sun Country when my oldest was about 5 months old, and the flight attendent was so excited to see me nursing ,she had to stop and tell me she was nursing her 10 month old, she flew 3 days a week and she pumped in the back station on long flights.
She was such a nice lady.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts