Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share how excited I was driving down 6th ave (across from Jason Lee) today and saw a new huge billboard promoting breastfeeding! And the last 2 times I have been in Target I have seen another mom with a sling on! And last week I saw a mom nursing a toddler in public at a park!! Anyways just wanted to share, cause sometimes I get depressed at how mainstream this town seems. But now I am feeling the Tacoma love

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Yeah!!!
:bf
I will have to take a drive down 6th Ave. and see that (hey i'm only 2-5 min. away too).

BTW~there is a great North Tacoma LLL group. If you ever want to come, its the 1st Friday of every month.

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
My husband is actually the first one who noticed that board. He got really excited. He's so pro-breastfeeding.

It's actually on a couple blocks from our house.

BTW, for future reference, where does the North Tacoma LLL meet?

~Daednu

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saw that too!! Does anyone know if they're will be more/different ones placed throughout the area?

Also, the Puyallup LLL group is quite friendly
We meet at Good Sam hospital, third Tuesday eve. I know a few gals from the N. Tacoma group too - all very nice

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hey, with my 1st, I used to attend the puyallup LLL, great group. The North Tacoma group meets at the Wheelock Library on No. 26th and Washington in the Proctor District. Hope to see ya!

Warmly~

Lisa:bf

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to one N Tacoma LLL meeting with my first dd, when I was 23 and had just had her. And I have to admit I really didn't think I would have anything in common with the moms cause they were all older in their 30's and 40's.

But I was just thinking about giving it another try, now that I am older too
and I just got over my first bout of mastitis, I need all the tips I can get to make sure it never happens again!

I will be out of town for the next one, but will for sure try to make it in August.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hello Tacoma Moms!

I am from Tacoma and am living in England right now a bit against my will (dh's work) and it made me so happy to see "YAY FOR TACOMA" on the main page! That's so cool about that billboard!

Just wanted to say hello! Hope to return to my beautiful home town in a year or so, so hopefully will meet some of you then! Say hello to my beautiful mountain...ahh how I miss it.

just feeling the tacoma love, too.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
ladyluna~

hey, just wanted you to picture a pnw day in your mind to remind you of home. its a 80 degree day, no clouds, just blue sky. the puget sound smells wonderful and the mt. is out in all its glory.

sending pnw hugs~

lisa:bf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.