Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are working on EC sort of part-time. DD is 18 months and she can tell me when she has a poopy diaper or when it needs to be changed. While I am home I will periodically ask her if she wants to sit on the potty (we have a toddler seat that goes right on our seat) and she LOVES doing this. But no pee pee yet.

Well last night she said poopy and gave me the dirty diaper sign. It didn't seem like she had pooped and I just changed her and she didn't smell so I said "Do you want to sit on the potty?" and she excitedly said yes.

So we went to the potty and she was pretendig to push a poopy out and out came pee pee! YAY! I made a large deal of it so she would hopefully learn the sensation and want to do it on the potty more.

Just had to share.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
How Fun!
I wanted to say if you just start using undies you will have some wet clothes but poop is contained . your child will not get as confused with the diaper on off.. and undies are easy to take on off for her! Good luck
My first boy way EC and crawled to the bathroom door at 9 months to go poop, fully toilet using at 20 mos and Boy # 2 fully at 22mos! Baby #3 is not EC but I should get going on that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.