Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this fits here... sorry if it would go better in health and healing.<br><br>
I just wanted to share, cause I'm so happy. Two months ago, I had a severe allergic reaction to advil, which means I can't take ANY NSAIDS, which include ibuprofin, asprin, and naproxen (the big three for period cramps). My doctor said there really wasn't much he could do at that point for my debilitating menstrual cramps, he could prescribe vicoden, however (quite reasonably) he was very hesitant to do so. no way would I take such an addictive drug once a month. I kept meaning to go to a naturopath or ctm practitioner, but haven't yet.<br><br>
For the past few weeks, I've been drinking a raw "fruit" milk every morning: raw milk, a banana, an egg yolk, and a spoonful of buttermilk wizzed in the blender. Mostly cause it tastes good, and has given me amazing energy and vibrancy all day. I'm pretty sure it was because of this (the calcium, the potasium, the something else?).<br><br>
I've also been going dancing for 4 hours once a week for the past couple weeks (I haven't been exercising much). I don't know if that helped also.<br><br>
This month, I had totally manageable cramps! They hurt, of course, however I could still walk and function and stuff. I could even drive. This is a revelation, I've pretty much never had periods where I could function without heavy painkillers. It was so amazing.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hurray! What a relief! I'm very happy for you!

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I vote for the dancing!<br><br>
Back when I had cramps, staying in shape, and specifically core strengthening exercises, made a huge difference.<br><br>
But I bet once you have those munchkins they'll go away. That's been my experience, anyway.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">But I bet once you have those munchkins they'll go away. That's been my experience, anyway.</td>
</tr></table></div>
I suspect so too. my mom used to have terrible cramps, which went away after having me. I'd love to have munchkins asap. We're not quite there yet, hopefully really soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts