Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moo! If vaccines cannot provide reliable immunity to disease, where is the all important herd immunity ?

"If this is preventative medicine, I will take my chances with disease."

Pertussis - a vaccine used since 1940s

Mumps - since the 1960s

Measles - since the 1960s

Influenza - since 1945

Sabin vaccine - since 1960

Outbreaks all over - 75 years of lies.

https://thereisnoherdimmunity.wordp...inst-disease-they-cant-provide-herd-immunity/

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I would think it depends on the effectiveness of the vaccine and the duration of that effectiveness. The measles vaccine does appear to give good immunity and therefore good herd immunity. The pertussis and mumps vaccine, for example, give poor immunity of a short duration. Pertussis is further hampered by evidence that it can be carried and spread by anyone, even the recently, properly vaxxed. These do not give herd immunity.

I think the problem for the vax fanatics out there is they lump it all together. I wish they'd just be honest with me and say the pros and cons of the vaccines instead of resorting to scare tactics

·
Registered
24,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Xerxella, have you read about me taking my baby son to the ped to get a dx on his fever and rash?

The young intern could not give me a proper dx. "It is a viral infection with a fever and rash."

Thanks, doc, you went to school how long to learn that? As a mother born in the early 1950s with a college ed +, I know what it is, but I wanted some educated advice. Went to the wrong place.

I waited for the older, more experienced doctor to see my son to tell me what I all ready knew, that my son had measles. My son is now in his mid 20s with natural immunity to measles. So rare!

Doctors are not educated on how to diagnose diseases properly so how can we get any decent numbers on the real cases ? I have been told that it is all my fault since I do not vax that these diseases are still here. The fact is, if doctors were properly trained, we would have real #s for these diseases. Meanwhile, we are playing a guessing game with our health.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I had not heard your story, but I'm not surprised. I know a number of people who had whooping cough that went undiagnosed because "there's a vaccine for whooping cough, therefore no one gets it." But, I would think measles is generally caught. Your case was 20-ish years ago. Just curious, did they run any lab tests? Has he ever had his titers checked?

I think any rash nowadays would be more suspect. But, the doc didn't bat an eye when I brought the baby in with what I told her was susected roseola. (3 days of fever, fever broke, rash appeared, fever came back for one day, brought baby in). She simply agreed with my diagnoses, gave me an antibiotic (which we never filled) for what she thought might be a concurrent ear infection and sent us on our way. He looked great the next day and we didn't look back. So, who knows what they might miss even nowadays.

Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
24,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No tests or titres done.

Whooping cough alternative diagnosis is chronic bronchitis.
Polio alternative diagnosis is GBS or AFP.
Measles alternative diagnosis is viral rash with fever.

Yes, that story is 20+ years old. There was a measles outbreak in the community at the time, and she should have asked. The second MMR dose was added to the schedule at that time. My sister's nonvaxed two children had measles at the same time.

That intern is now a practicing doctor somewhere with 20+ years of experience most probably training other interns. Do you think she ever learned to diagnose measles, pertussis or the flu if the person is vaccinated or does she bother to ask? She did not when I saw her. Why would she ask now? She is the experienced doctor, remember that. You are not.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Do you think there are a lot of undiagnosed measles cases around today in the US? I've never thought about this.

·
Registered
24,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My point in the OP is that there are lots of un-dx'd cases of so-called vaccine preventable diseases that doctors ignore or re-name.

And therefore the herd immunity theory cannot be true. That is all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would think it depends on the effectiveness of the vaccine and the duration of that effectiveness. The measles vaccine does appear to give good immunity and therefore good herd immunity. The pertussis and mumps vaccine, for example, give poor immunity of a short duration. Pertussis is further hampered by evidence that it can be carried and spread by anyone, even the recently, properly vaxxed. These do not give herd immunity.

I think the problem for the vax fanatics out there is they lump it all together. I wish they'd just be honest with me and say the pros and cons of the vaccines instead of resorting to scare tactics
This exactly how I feel! Only you said it better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts