Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping through the stations killing time and I happened upon the soap opera Passions (EW) and there is this baby and the mom (don't know the whole story?) wasn't going to bf him, but he's really sick and dehydrated and is allergic to his formula (yuck) anyway a dr comes on and says that the only thing to make him better is for the mom to nurse him! YEA!!!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
i havent watched the show in quite a while, so not sure if it was a new episode, but a few years back, maybe a year and a half, there was the story line where one character had her baby stolen by another and the bio mom ended up wet-nursing, not knowing it was her own son.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Who??? Luis????

:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
I admit I sorta watch this show (shhhh)
so today the babys dad (well he's not really but he think he is) told her that either she nurses him or he's going to hold her down and make her nurse him.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Heh heh heh. Thanks!

Quote:

no Fox. It was Whitney's baby that they were talking about in todays show.
Although Luis now knows that Marty is really his son

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Quote:

I admit I sorta watch this show (shhhh)
so today the babys dad (well he's not really but he think he is) told her that either she nurses him or he's going to hold her down and make her nurse him.
Yes! I loved that too. I used to like Whitney, before she got pg and manipulated Chad and Fox. She's been horrible since she had her baby. She'd rather let her baby die than nurse him. I didn't think that the social worker should threaten to bring charges against her for not nursing the baby that she gave up for adoption though.

When I was watching today's show I mentioned to my dh that with all the Crane money, Chad should be able to afford to hire a Wet-nurse or get milk from a milk bank.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle
Yes! I loved that too. I used to like Whitney, before she got pg and manipulated Chad and Fox. She's been horrible since she had her baby. She'd rather let her baby die than nurse him. I didn't think that the social worker should threaten to bring charges against her for not nursing the baby that she gave up for adoption though.

When I was watching today's show I mentioned to my dh that with all the Crane money, Chad should be able to afford to hire a Wet-nurse or get milk from a milk bank.

It's such a corny show...it's like watching a trainwreck...don't wanna look but can't tear your eyes away...

I see it sometimes because it comes on before Y&R~now that's a soap
:

Sheridan bf Marty because he was dehydrated and she had no idea he was her own son who had been kidnapped and Whitney's baby was allergic to formula and dehydrated and the Dr.(Whitney's mother)said breastfeeding him was the only way...pretty unreal...a Dr. not rushing off a baby to an emergency room when dehydrated...oh well...at least the last 2 babies on that show were bf!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
ok, i'm totally confused...fox thinks whitneys baby is his? then why is the baby with chad? and how could two black ppl have a baby and play it off like it belongs to a white guy? (havent the passions writers every watched springer?) or did chad turn out to be eves long lost child by julian? i havent seen the show in about 6 months, except for a minute here and there. someone catch me up, please.
:

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwithboys
ok, i'm totally confused...fox thinks whitneys baby is his? then why is the baby with chad? and how could two black ppl have a baby and play it off like it belongs to a white guy? (havent the passions writers every watched springer?) or did chad turn out to be eves long lost child by julian? i havent seen the show in about 6 months, except for a minute here and there. someone catch me up, please.
:
okay, i'm gonna hafta join someone under a bag
: but i know the answer to all of this, :LOL

fox thinks whit's baby is his becasue she found out she wqas pg with chad then slept with fox right away. lied to him the whole time, and barely ate so she didnt get "too big too fast"

the baby is with chad becasue whit put baby up for adoption, and chad adopted him, noit knowing it was his child. he wanted the child though becuase it was part of whitney.

answer- julian crane is chad's father. whitney also has very light skin.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwithboys
... and how could two black ppl have a baby and play it off like it belongs to a white guy? (havent the passions writers every watched springer?) ...
:
OK, I don't watch that show, so I know nothing about that aspect of this thread, but I do hafta' jump in about this point.

Black families are often like rainbows... all different shades, and some are very light. The fact is that unless they are recent immigrants, African Americans all have some caucasian ancestors
. Every once in a while two fairly dark-skinned people can and do produce a very light skinned baby (and light-skinned people can have dark-skinned babies, and so on & so on.) And just cause it hasn't been on Jerry Springer, doesn't mean it doesn't exist! :LOL

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kymholly
And just cause it hasn't been on Jerry Springer, doesn't mean it doesn't exist! :LOL
I think you forgot the word "YET" after "Springer" and before "doesn't" :LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.