Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I got made a very happy lady today. I was looking for a Christmas dress for dd so I was shopping consignment stores in my area. I came across a bundle of diapers in a clear box labled "swim diapers". Well, I looked in the box and they had a whole bunch of cloth diapers and covers in there!! I got 3 classic prorap size M covers for $.99 each and a couple size small bumkins knockoffs for $1.50!! Can you believe that? Jeez what a deal. I need to go there more often to see if they mislabel more stuff.

Oh yeah, I also found the cutest dress for dd and it was only $2.50 and then I got 3 onsies, 2 sweaters, one kimono shirt (brand new, usually very expensive), 2 shirts for me, 2 sleepers, pair of jeans, and the diapers and the dress for only $30! I did so good today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Wow, great job.
Reminds me that when I started cloth diapering I asked on Freecycle for cloth diapers and a really nice lady gave me a huge box of them and I didn't even really know what I had. It was well over 300.00 dollars worth of cloth. Windpro AIOs, Bumkins, cashmere diapers, microfleece liners, boxes of paper liners, bummis covers and totes...it was an amazing gift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mags
You lucky girl! When I asked our consignment store if they ever carry cloth dipes, they looked at me like I had three heads. Obviously, I live in a very non-CD friendly area.
that's here too! after they got done looking at me funny they said in their most disgusted, appalled voice..."of course we do *not*!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,922 Posts
LOVE finding a great deal! Congrats!! I went to the best baby store yesterday, and was just hoping they'd have some fluff, but of course not.... They had EVERYTHING else though. I wanted to give them a few tips on getting some beautiful slings, fun fluff, etc. Oh well! They're loss, I guess. I keep going to these stores and consignment shops thinking I'll find a fluffy treasure, and have about given up hope, so thanks Kathryn for renewing my hope!! I'll keep searching!!
Enjoy your stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mags
You lucky girl! When I asked our consignment store if they ever carry cloth dipes, they looked at me like I had three heads. Obviously, I live in a very non-CD friendly area.
Yeah, this store said the same thing. They said they were "swim diapers".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenSizzled
Congrats on the Eagle's Eye Shopping spree


(I'm a BIG fan of thrift stores myself
b/c around here the consignment stores are like paying retail
)
There are a few consignment shops like that around here. It's so annoying to go in and they still expect you to pay more than wal-mart.
:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaJean
LOVE finding a great deal! Congrats!! I went to the best baby store yesterday, and was just hoping they'd have some fluff, but of course not.... They had EVERYTHING else though. I wanted to give them a few tips on getting some beautiful slings, fun fluff, etc. Oh well! They're loss, I guess. I keep going to these stores and consignment shops thinking I'll find a fluffy treasure, and have about given up hope, so thanks Kathryn for renewing my hope!! I'll keep searching!!
Enjoy your stuff.
Happy I could renew your hope! Come down to Austin and I'll show you the good stores.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tijja
Wow, great job.
Reminds me that when I started cloth diapering I asked on Freecycle for cloth diapers and a really nice lady gave me a huge box of them and I didn't even really know what I had. It was well over 300.00 dollars worth of cloth. Windpro AIOs, Bumkins, cashmere diapers, microfleece liners, boxes of paper liners, bummis covers and totes...it was an amazing gift.
That's awesome. What's Freecycle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,535 Posts
www.freecycle.org

Most communities have them. Someone posts something they are giving away for free and all people have to do it pick it up. Others also post things they want to see if someone has one they are willing to give away.

I just got some free old tires I am going to be using in my garden in spring.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top