Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dream is to live where it is perpetually fall. My mood is so tied to the seasons that living in NH gives me only 3 months a year -if I'm lucky- of the cool, dry air I crave...I'm talking the typical New England sunny-days-brisk-air (but not too cold!) kind of fall.
Is there such a place? Anything come close that you know of or is this the most ridiculous questions you've heard?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Monterey/Santa Cruz area of California is kinda like that. It doesn't get very hot or very cold, nor do we really have seasons to speak of.

Well, there's the "fog" season (summer) and the rain season (Nov-March) but we don't get snow or really hot temperatures. For the most part the folliage is green all year long. Some trees do change color and loose leaves but they are the exception.

There are weird microclimates too. Some neighborhoods have much more fog and some have much more sun. The rain is pretty universal but does vary from year to year how much there is.

However, it's HELLA expensive here, ridiculously so and we are sadly probably going to have to move. It is definitely the most beautiful area I've ever been to and I've traveled quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
wow! You're freaking me out!! I've been thinking that same thing lately - I am only really happy in that beautiful fall weather you described. I don't do well in really hot or really cold weather - which we have a lot of here! But I couldn't live without our beautiful fall with the crisp air and beautiful trees and crunchy leaves!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh, I love fall. I don't believe they have falls the way they used to in the States. I remember lovely crisp days that started in mid-September into November; days in which you could wear your sweater, but didn't need a jacket. I think those days are long gone.

I thought NH had a lot of crisp glorious weather being in the north, but, sigh, I guess global warming is hurting everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.