Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone want to share their strategies for yeast eradication (non-pharmacologic)? Assuming a healthy (non-diabetic) person who has already tried all of the usual strategies, including cutting all simple sugars out of their diet.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
By all the usual do you mean at least a strict diet, antifungals, and probiotics for about a year? That's the main strategy I know of...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I was hoping for something a little more holistic. I guess I should talk to a naturopath-- I was just hoping that someone on here would have experience with this!<br><br>
But for those of you who use probiotics (beyond acidophilus?), did you take them by mouth or insert them vaginally?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been battling yeast for years now, and have just started a yeast elimination diet in hopes that it will help me get things under control.<br>
I have eliminated from my diet:<br>
Anykind of sugar at all, alcohol, yeast containing foods including all breads, and crackers. Anything containing vinigar, so all condiments. All fruits and fruit juices.<br><br>
I have basically been eating only meat, and veggies for 11 days now. I was told by my Dr to follow this diet for at least a month.<br>
I am also taking an accidophillous probiotic, and candida cleanse that I got at our health food store.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Organic yogurt into the vagina at night has worked for me.<br><br>
I did that for several weeks just to make sure it was gone.<br><br>
It is very messy though. At least for me it was.<br><br>
Make sure it's room temperature first because out of the fridge it is very cold internally.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Are you talking about recurrent vaginal yeast infections? If so, this most likely points to systemic yeast, meaning a yeast overgrowth in your intestines. To rebalance your intestines, you would need to do the diet (meat, veggies, good fats, some nuts) with probiotics and some kind of antifungal (there are many herbal options, though not all ok w/ breastfeeding) for about a year, or at least this is what I have seen successful anecdotally. For immediate relief you could try the garlic clove up there, yogurt, eliminating sugar and carbs from your diet for awhile, and IMO, probiotics should be part of everyones diet (orally, but vaginally could help immediate symptoms).

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I've also treated a vaginal yeast infection by using plain yogurt vaginally. I'll second the dietary recommendations mentioned above to help treat and prevent both vaginal and intestinal yeast. For <i>external</i> itching/irritation, I use 2-4 drops of tea tree oil in a squirt bottle full of warm water. Tea tree oil is anti fungal, anti yeast, and is very soothing if diluted properly.<br><br>
You can open a probotic capsule and mix it with yogurt before putting it in the vagina for a little extra kick...works best before bed when you will be laying down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts