Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez...I'm being tortured here. I've had 2 yeast infections in my life before and they've been very stubborn to respond to any treatments, and this one seems to be the same. Ouchie! I've tried yogurt, garlic, boric acid, apple cidar vinegar, an OTC external cream, and I'm about to try tea tree oil. What can you ladies tell me has been effective for you???

It isn't too much of a vaginal yeast infection anymore really, more of a labial yeast infection. You'd think that'd be easy to get rid of, but it has been 2 weeks now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had successfully ridden a yeast infection once before by inserting a homemade tampon with crushed garlic wrapped in cotton and tied with string. I also started taking acidophilus. Cured up in a couple days.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I take acidopholus all the time to avoid yeast infections. You could take acidopholus AND eat a yogurt every day along with a few other treatments. You can get acidopholus at the health foods store in the refrigerated section. I get it in chewable tablets that you can take up to 3 times a day.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dont quote me on this but isn't cranberry juice also suppose to help?

and I belive that tooooo much apple cider vinegar can have reverse affects.

But dont quote me on this... maybe some one else with more info can validate this.

and with my own personal experience... ALOT of yogurt helped it out.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My MIL is a homeopath with training in nutrition and quite a few other modalities. She believes most people today are TOO ACIDIC and that apple cider vinegar was a remedy better suited to a time when people ate more vegetables and fewer sugars. Is that what you were thinking of, White Wax?

You might try acupuncture. I've experienced how well it can clear up an infection without antibiotics. I'd expect it could help with yeast as well, though I haven't needed it for that, thank God!

Sorry you are so uncomfortable!

For your clothing, have you tried using bleach (not normally a fan, but it has its place) or boiling all of your underpants, in case you are re-infecting yourself with "clean" laundry? Maybe your hot water isn't hot enough to kill the yeast if you have your heater set to an energy-efficient or child-safe temp?

--willo

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions ladies. Yeah, I've been taking acidophilus this whole time too. Haven't cut back on sugar yet, but I'm about to (this is sorta a last resort for me
). I've also been washing all the sheets and my underwear daily in super-hot water with a dab of vinegar in the rinse. I'll try a dab of bleach next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My midwife told me to take cranberry suppliments. Only pure cranberry juice can work, but it is gross and you'll never be able to drink enough--I've tried that before. I didn't use the supplement though, I had an OTC treatment which worked. Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.