Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
if your ok with taking an RX, diflucan is safe to take during pregnancy if your doc will prescribe it. if your looking for something more natural try taking acidophulis (from the health food store) and yogurt lots of yogurt and water to flush your system. try to keep thing dry down there and wear no undies or cotton undies so it can uhm air out so to speak...also cut down on carbs/sugar big time... good luck. I have been in your shoes before...it really bites.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have one too
and I'm debating whether to call the dr. tomorrow and get meds, or try natural remedies for a few days. The only ones I know of are plain yogurt and garlic. I actually know people who have had good luck with a peeled garlic clove or two, wrapped in gauze and a string tied round it to make a tampon. You leave it in overnight.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My east infection is more towards the um...entrance and the outer part of my girly-area. I have lots of burning and it feels swollen. I bought some lotion that hasn't really done anything expect deplete my pocket of $5.00.
: I have an appt. on Tuesday, but I may go in tomorrow, since I am so uncomfortable. Let's all have a yogurt moment...

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
You can use yogurt topically...and it feels really good most of the time.

The other thing I had good luck with (and it's pretty cheap) is the generic athlete's foot cream. Clotrimazole and I think it's 1%. I just looked it up in my Hale's reference and it's a category B for 1st and 2nd trimesters and a cattegory C for 3rd trimester. Category B is basically that it either hasn't been shown to harm in animal studies and so they didn't research it in pregnant/lactating women or if they did go on to test it in humans, there were no adverse affects in the human group.

Anyway, for me personally, I have used it this pregnancy already and it's definitely helped with the itchies on the outside (I don't know about using it internally...). I think it's def worse this year b/c it's been so hot.

Good luck - I hope it feels better soon.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
myhr tincture will kill yeast on contact. Delete the tincture w/ hot water about 1/2 or each. Give it a moment for the alcohol to evaporate and then dab it on hte itchy area w/ cotton ball. Oh, and don't have sex until it is gone. If you already have make sure that dh treats the same way or you will pass it back and forth

·
Registered
273 Posts
i had a yeastie that lasted almost 2 months, tried taking lots of acidophilus, etc etc etc - nothing worked! finally my m/w said I should just go for the tried and true monistat - but she said to use the kind that you use over several days, not the one day treatment because that can throw your body off even more. I am happy to say that I did find relief after going this route.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamabug&co.
My east infection is more towards the um...entrance and the outer part of my girly-area. I have lots of burning and it feels swollen. I bought some lotion that hasn't really done anything expect deplete my pocket of $5.00.
: I have an appt. on Tuesday, but I may go in tomorrow, since I am so uncomfortable. Let's all have a yogurt moment...

This describes me perfectly - actually - I had the same issues during my first pregnancy. I am ok w/ using something stronger than yogurt - so my dr last time said just to put the lotion (forget which she got for me) on the outside rather than all in... Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw my NP today, and she prescribed me a lotion to use. She said I caught it just in time, and to eat lots and lots of yogurt. I am so looking forward to relief.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I make a supository that my midwife taught me--just use Boric Acid (ask for it at the pharmacy) in one of those soft gel things you can use to make your own supplements (can't think of the name) . Look for it in the Vitamin section at the health food store. Use 1 for 2 nights, skip a day, and then do 2 more nights. I worked wonders on me. I had massive infections with #3, and this was a lifesaver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.