Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD, (age 4), has had a red itchy vagina and anus off and on for weeks now. Nurse told me over the phone weeks ago to use Lotrimin and baking soda baths which we did, but the irritation keeps coming back. I have tried Grapefruit Seed Extract, Collodial Silver Gel, a homemade mixture of tea tree oil and yogurt and acidophilus powder to no avail. I wonder if I was persistent enough with the natural rememdies, (dd did complain of stinging when I applied a lot of the above and I felt I might be doing more damage). Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sounds like my dd.. often she needs to put a washcloth on her yoni at night to cool it down it gets so red and irritated. we have narrowed it down to a food allergy. it is worse when she eats wheat and on those days when she does, we usually have problems at night..it is tough to nail the food allergy, we have been working on it for years before seeing the wheat connection. i would suggest you look at a possible connection between food and the redness/soreness.
good luck......i feel for her, it has been tough on my dd and on me too, watching her be so uncomfortable...
we give gse and colodial silver internally week on/week off.. and just let her apply the wet cool washcloth..

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
How do you know it's a yeast infection?

DC had some redness and soreness on her vulva as well as a strong odor. What worked for my DC was actually doing less. When we stopped using soap (and it was nice organic/natural soap) all of her symptoms went away.

I think I read somewhere that adding a little vinegar in the water also helps but I can definitely not confirm that but you could probably look it up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for recommendations. Love2all - what amounts of collodial silver and GSE have you used for your dd? I applied yogurt this moning and gave her bifidus powder regularly yesterday. I read that soaking plantain seeds overnight and applying the gel is effective and I am about to look into Goldenseal powder and will give her a vinegar soak today. I will definately go to doctor on Monday anyhow.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
How's her diet? The yeast lives on sugars -- cut out/down on sugars and anything that breaks down as sugar. Start with all refined products. I would also recommend that you make your own yogurt and/or kefir and feed it to your whole family to rebuild the flora in the intestines. Search this forum for yogurt and kefir and you will find a wealth of information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts