Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm very prown to yeast infections during pregnancy just wondering how i can get rid of them without using those insert things. for some reason they make it worse for me. thanks

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
the only thing that did it for me last time was a homeopathic product called "yeast away" made by borion. everything else was too harsh and burned me.

you need to look at your diet too and *why* you are prone to yeast infections, since it signals an imbalance in your body.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I just posted for this in the March DDC only to have the same problem show up for myself two days later.
: oh well.

This is what I do. I've given this rememdy to a lot of people and they have all had success. I also checked it with my mw and all was well.

3 acidophilus
2 odorless garlic 500 mg (I prefer Arizona Natural Allirich odorless)
3x a day for 3-5 days.
I swear it's safe for you and the babe. I realize it's more than the dosage on the package. What it does is bring the body back into alkaline balance (acidophilus) while amping yor immune system and beating away and infection (garlic is a natural, safe anti-biotic that works with the pro-biotic)

Also, here is the link to that thread I referred to. Other people had interesting tips too.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=486918

Honeybeedreams is totally right. There's always a reason and cause for the infection and it's typically diet related.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Ive had a candida infection in my gut scince Nov. though we didnt stop from getting pregnant we tecniclly werent trying ( even though I was on the nursing moms TTC
) So are things listed to take orally or inter-vag.? Ive been on a low carb diet for months now and nothing has helped.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Sorry should be more spacific I'm on a low glycimic diet and am avoiding sugar. I'm not starving my body of carbs
: Thanks though my brain no worky right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts