Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first yeast infection and was hoping for some advice...I bought plain yogurt and acidophilis and eating that seems to be working...are there any other things I could be doing? What I am really curious about is how/why I got it? Do you know what causes someone to get a yeast infection? Thanks for any info/advice...

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Assuming this is a vaginal yeast infection - This might sound kind of gross but it really worked for me. Wrap a clove of garlic in a gauze strip, leaving a tail and insert it, leaving a tail. Leave in about 12 hours, repeat as necessary.<br><br>
Yeast can not survive around garlic. Also, it seems this rememdy is most effective at the start. Once it is full blown, it is not as effective. You could also take garlic capsules or eat a lot of garlic to help too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
This may sound way out there but I got this remidy from my midwife. I unfortunately have had many yeast infections and this has by far been the best treatment.<br><br>
Boric Acid capsules for 7 days (insert them at night vaginally when you are going to bed) you may want to where a panty liner or pad in case of leakage.<br><br>
You can by boric acid anywhere with a pharmacy, they usually keep it behind the pharmacy so you have to ask for it. It is poisonous so wash your hands really good or where gloves when you make the capsules. You can get empty capsules at a health food store. I have done this remidy once before my son was born to help get the acidity levels normalized and once recently for a yeast infection. Worked great!<br><br>
Megan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts