Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do for a yeast infection? I know not to eat sugar or white flour....but what else should I do? I'm good at identifying them when they are just a tingle, but it's becoming itchy, and I hate the creams, they burn...

-Crystal

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have always treated Yeast Infections successfully with the following protocol:
Acidophilus orally and vaginally 3x a day.
Large garlic clove, opened and put into a tea bag with a string tied around bottom, inserted vaginally overnight.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did some internet research and the only thing I ha in my house was tea tree oil. So I swabbed some of that around (didn't touch the bottle repeatedly so as not to cross contaminate) and after a very pleasant tingly sensation that lasted for 15 minutes, the itchy feeling went away, I figure I'll keep it up for a week.

After I had used it we were sitting in the living room and my husband said "what's that minty smell?"

I told him it was my "downstairs" and we both cracked up...

-Crystal

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've got what appears to be a yeast infection (I haven't had one in 10 years so I'm not entirely sure....). Yesterday morning I started getting really itchy and uncomfortable. I started with the garlic right away, inserted it and changed it every 4 or 5 hours, left it in overnight. In addition to that I've been using tea tree oil on a cotton swab and swabbing everywhere down there! Today, I can tell it is definitely on it's way out. I plan to continue with both the garlic and tto until it's completely gone. Hopefully today?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sea_joy View Post
What do you do for a yeast infection? I know not to eat sugar or white flour....but what else should I do? I'm good at identifying them when they are just a tingle, but it's becoming itchy, and I hate the creams, they burn...

-Crystal
Don't use creams if you have burning. I would swell up and could barely sit and it would burn, but I thought that was just the yeast. My doctor said that I'm allergic to the otc meds. and to stop using them.

I use diflucan. It seems like the only thing that works for me. I've tried tons of stuff, but nothing helps but that. I have chronic though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Fill an empty capsule with boric acid powder (can get it at the pharmacy) and insert it vaginally 2x a day for a while until it goes away.

This is the ONLY thing that works for me. It changes the pH in the vagina.

Google "boric acid and yeast infections" you'll find a lot of stuff.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.