Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping you Mamas will have some insight into this: DD (20 mos) has been suffering with a yeast infection in her diaper area off and on for a couple of months now. We've tried a couple of different creams and it will get a little bit better, than a little bit worse. And so on. It isn't severe, just enough to be sad and bothersome. I went back to work three days a week about two months ago (around the time this started, give or take) and when she's at the sitter's place she drinks whole milk -- usually two small bottles in eight hours -- and water. When she's with me she nurses and drinks some water, although she will have a bit of milk on cereal, etc. Anyhow, I'm starting to wonder if the yeast (I don't seem to have it) is related to the increased dairy in her diet? I seem to recall reading something about that possibility here at one point (sorry for my faulty memory). I think I would like to try replacing the whole milk with something else to see if it makes any difference, and I'm just wondering what would be best. Goat's milk, perhaps? She's on the slim side, so I would like her to have a full-fat milk when I'm not there to BF her. Thanks for any insight ...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts