Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my dd has a yeast rash. What can I do for her? I'm going to take her to the doc to verify that it is yeast, but I have very little faith in the junk the dr perscibed me for or thrush. We've been over that for months.

What do I do to her diapers? Back in the days of thrush I put vinegar in all our wash loads, but we weren't cding back then. Here is what I have on hand right now. I'm very broke right now. I can't afford a trip to the health food store.

This is what I currently have on hand. Will any of this help?

gentian violet
vinegar
nystatin ointment perscribed for my nipples
GSE capsules

Kara

·
Registered
429 Posts
When my dd starts to get a rash (don't know if it's yeast or not - bumpy & red), I blow-dry her bum after wiping/before dipe-ing. Seems to help a lot! Not sure what else to use - we sometimes add a few drops of TTO to the water we spray on the wipes.

ellacy

·
Registered
40 Posts
my dd at 2weeks old had a yeast problem on her bum!!
went to doc, he gave her the nystatain cream to put on 3x's a day and some thick white stuff that keeps the moisture off her. (can't remember the name of the white cream) . we used them together for 5 days and the yeast was gone. also when ever she was napping she sleeps with no cd so she would air out down there.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I've always followed the school of thought that says you need to treat 2 or 3 times a day with nystatin, and the rest of the time dry the rash out with air, ie go diaperless as much as possible. When washing diapers and any fabric that comes in contact with the rash do a vinigar wash to kill the yeasties. How old is your dd? Old enough for live yoghurt containing acidophilis? (sp?)
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.