Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.<br><br>
i'm bfing a ten month old and avoided full blown mastitis, i hada low fever and felt a little bad but didn't get the usual 103 and truckran over me feeling(thanks mothering magazine) with cabbage,potatoes, and vitaminc,but today when i massage the breast, yellow slime keeps coming out. looks like mucus.<br><br>
i assume this means there's an infection in that duct. what do i do about it?<br><br>
will baby get sick if he ingests it?<br><br>
thanks..<br><br>
- paula

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question. but are you sure you've avoided mastitis? I agree it sounds like an infection. sorry i can't help more and hope you feel better. Maybe try calling a LLL leader?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Keep massaging the infected breast ( yep it's infected!) in a warm shower to get all the gunk OUT!! Keep doing this as often as possible until it doesn't ooze anymore.<br><br>
This was my exact experience. Yellow ooze coming out of breasts but man, I spent a two days pratically in the shower...and infection was gone!! I also took some probiotics to boost my immune system and drank a TON of water.<br><br>
And yes, baby will injest this when bfing ( which is also good to get rid of the infection) and it will NOT hurt the baby...it will NOT... trust me.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts