Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a yellowing around my eyes. On the upper and lower parts, all around the eyes. What does that mean? I cna't find any info here or anywhere. My first thought is liver, but it's just around the eyes so I have no clue. Could it be iron?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
My first thought would be the liver also. A simple blood test should be able to check your liver levels.

I hope everything is alright

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not the whites of my eyes, just the skin around my eyes. I guess I should try and see a Dr. I just don't have any insurance.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have that. It gets worse when I don't get enough sleep (almost ALL the time
). It also gets bad when I'm anemic. I've never seen a doc for it, I'm not that worried. I just figure it's one of those things that happens as I get older and have more babies.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Well, DH was teasing me this morning because I'm kinda yellow all over. I've been on a carrot kick for weeks and have been eating a big bowl of them for lunch every day. Probably not what's causing your yellowing, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. Whatever it is, I hope it's something as harmless as the orange palms of my hands!

I ate Brussels sprouts for lunch today, dipped in mustard. Hopefully I won't turn green next!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I read that thyroid issues (was it hypo or hyper?) could cause yellowing of the skin too. You could ask in the thyroid thread....you know what - I think I read it when I clicked on one of the thyroid sites that are linked in the thyroid thread.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
I read that thyroid issues (was it hypo or hyper?) could cause yellowing of the skin too. You could ask in the thyroid thread....you know what - I think I read it when I clicked on one of the thyroid sites that are linked in the thyroid thread.

Interesting..I've often wondered if I had a thyroid problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have you been taking any chinese herbs over a somewhat extended period of time lately? I have a friend who has been doing this for several months for detox and rebuilding healthy hair, skin, etc., and she recently descovered that these unregulated chinese herbs have almost sent her into liver FAILURE. (They aren't meant to be taken over such an extended period apparently.) She started noticing yellowing of her eyes/skin and when it only got worse she went in to the doctor. Getting a good idea of what your liver enzymes are would probably be good.

Take care...
Neisha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.