Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some nectarines this week and had the last one a couple of hours ago. I left the pit with some flesh on it sitting in a bowl next to me. Why? Beacuse it smells SO GOOD. I can't seem to talk myself into throwing it away yet. *snort*

Me = Weirdo

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must have scared the produce guy this week. I was shopping and suddenly smelled the most amazing smell, zoned in on it and just started snatching them off the table and sniffing them deeply with my eyes closed. Then stuffed them into a bag. I realized I must have looked so freakish!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Well, I didn't go that far, but everytime I go to the grocery store (for the last 2-3 weeks or so now) I've noticed how lovely the nectarines smell. I just stop and breathe the smell in! And then I buy 6 or 8 and usually eat them all in just 2-3 days. I am enjoying them so much right now!

·
Registered
402 Posts
My DH actually called me a "FREAK" yesterday. We went to the store to make pic copies and we have to walk past the food first. I think I smelled the peaches from a mile away!
I than picked one up and stood there smelling it deeply for about 30sec. You should have seen the look on my Dh and boys faces!! Anyway, I did quickly stuff about 10 in the bag! DH said, " are you going to eat ALL of them before they rot?" I said " If not I'll smell them till they do!"

Weird huh?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I'm cracking up here too!

I had a peach ripening on the counter & accidentally let it spoil b/c I kept sniffing it every day. One day it was starting to pucker up and was inedible, but it still smelled really good!

Do you think we could get away with calling this "aromatherapy"?
:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes! Aromatherapy!

The funny thing is, I cannot remember the last time I ate a nectarine. And why because they're SO GOOD?! I guess I just always get the usual, but I zoned in on these like a mad woman!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Yes! Aromatherapy!

The funny thing is, I cannot remember the last time I ate a nectarine. And why because they're SO GOOD?! I guess I just always get the usual, but I zoned in on these like a mad woman!
Same here!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Someone in my Freecycle group is looking for nectarines to pick. It must be one of you ladies!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Yes! Aromatherapy!

i am like this with canteloupe this pregnancy. i eat 1/2 a canteloupe every morning, no joke. i go to the veggie lady near my house and buy one every other day. she thinks it's hilarious, esp. since she noticed i was pregnant last week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.