Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to post this for a long time. One day my husband came home from a run and showed me how his foreskin tightens up to the point where it pulls his entire penis inward toward his body when he runs. I saw it and it was AMAZING! The tip was sealed with the bunched up foreskin and all the foreskin was just pulling the entire penis close to his body. He said that it takes it a little while to relax again after he works out. My guess is that this is how the foreskin protects the penis when the man is running or doing anything of extremely intense. Isn't that incredible?!? Mother nature knows what she is doing...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by latinalonestar View Post
I have been meaning to post this for a long time. One day my husband came home from a run and showed me how his foreskin tightens up to the point where it pulls his entire penis inward toward his body when he runs. I saw it and it was AMAZING! The tip was sealed with the bunched up foreskin and all the foreskin was just pulling the entire penis close to his body. He said that it takes it a little while to relax again after he works out. My guess is that this is how the foreskin protects the penis when the man is running or doing anything of extremely intense. Isn't that incredible?!? Mother nature knows what she is doing...
Beyond a certain point, the same thing happens to those of us who are restoring our foreskins as well. Exposure to cold temperatures and/or physical exercise will temporarily give a foreskin restorer much more coverage than he normally has. I can't speak for all restorers, but more than once this phenomenon has caused me to ask my penis "Why can't you look like that ALL the time?!?".

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

The same thing happens to me also. And I know of no studies that would explain this. I've always had a theory that the skin of the penis and scrotum formed an "environmental thermal control system" affecting not only the male genitals, but to some extent the rest of the body.

During extreme exertion, such as working out or running, or in cold weather, the dartos muscles in the penile skin contract to minimize the size of the penis by forcing the blood back into the body to increase circulation. This also reduces the chance for injury to the penis because it is smaller and closer to the body.

The opposite reaction occurs in a hot tub or sauna...the muscles relax, and the penal shaft and scrotum both lengthen as blood flows into them. That possibly could be a natural mechanism to cool the genital region. Circumcision removes much of the muscular structure of the penal skin and disrupts any natural "thermal control."

Another very good reason not to circumcise...

·
Registered
8 Posts
My penis shrinks back to protect itself, especially when i walk around. Unfortunately, because I have no foreskin damage still occurs. When I walk, with each step, the friction hurts. It really looks sad, sometimes. The only time it really relaxes is in the shower. My dad is intact and his is much bigger all the time, but mine is smaller due to the amputation.

the scrotum definitely shrinks when it's cold, and gets looser when it's warm.

Western medicine still isn't very scientific a lot of times. Common sense says trust nature.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have also experienced this, it is quite interesting, and, as BamaDude says, gives me a sense of how it will be when I am finished restoring. For me it happens after my morning bicycle rides, the colder the weather the more tightly closed.

Cheers!

·
Registered
262 Posts
This happens to me also. I am intact. It is the action of the Dartos fascia/muscle that arises in the perineum, surrounds the scrotum, and continues down the shaft of the penis to the end of the foreskin. It certainly does appear to be a protective mechanism. You can see how it works on ancient and Renaissance statutes, particularly the one in the square in Bologna, Italy. It may well explain why those statutes have penises that appear to be smaller than one might expect to see. The intact penis "pops out" when one pushes back on the peno-scrotal junction. I think the extent to which this happens depends a great deal on the connections between the dartos of the shaft and the underlying Buck's fascia of the shaft. Those with tight connections may not experience this as much as those of us with loose connections. Tight connections probably also account for the automatic retraction of the foreskin upon erection in some men, while loose connections may well explain why the foreskin has to be manually retracted in others such as myself. Lack of understanding of this phenomenon leads to the erroneous removal of much of the shaft skin in negligently performed adult circumcisions and also leads to shaft stripping in infant circumcisions. Men need to discuss these issue more openly. For too long the facts have been obscured by our closed attitude toward discussing sex and the sexual organs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Quote:

Well I have to say this is not too surprising for me. I may be circumcised, but I know the rest of the penis acts this way, and reacts to temperature and friction. If I magically woke up with a foreskin tomorrow, I think I would be surprised if the foreskin DIDN'T react to temperature and friction.

Its just such a natural function of the penis in general, I would probably think there was something wrong with my foreskin if it didn't :p

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was so fascinated b/c it literally gets grabs the entire penis, tightly seals off the opening, and pulls the entire structure upward during exertion. With my previous circed partners I have noticed them get smaller in the cold but nothing in comparison to this! Dave2ga, it definitely has something to do with the connective tissue and/or the muscular bands. Very interesting stuff!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
Might some of this have anything to do with the American male's habit of adjusting himself constantly?

I just want to make a note of this. I hear about people making comments like this now and then on the internet. But beyond just myself, I dont have any male friends that "adjust" themselves "constantly" or even just often. Actually I basically never have seen any of my friends do this.

Maybe this is an older guy thing? Or a generational thing?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by perspective View Post
I just want to make a note of this. I hear about people making comments like this now and then on the internet. But beyond just myself, I dont have any male friends that "adjust" themselves "constantly" or even just often. Actually I basically never have seen any of my friends do this.

Maybe this is an older guy thing? Or a generational thing?
I'm trying to think back. I seem to remember it a lot in relation to athletics/sweating (maybe the wrong underwear for whatever activity they were doing?). But I know for sure I had some friends in college who did it a lot. I think DH does it when he's wearing loose shorts...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.