Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We are a Navy family with orders to Guam.  We are selective/delay vax'ers and I religiously oppose vaccines with aborted fetal cells.  We had our initial overseas screening and were told we would most likely be denied based on my son's status if we did not get him caught up to date.  I have kept all DS's WBV and his doctor is aware that I have him on an alternative schedule.  FWIW, DS will not be in a DoDDs or a CDC.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, I was told that as an adult I was fine to go even though I am selective/delay vaccinated myself.  I don't get it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, we are waiting for our the forms to go up the chain of command so I am not panicking yet.  I did read through a bunch of the threads and have the number to the Navy Commander in BUMED (that another MDC family dealt with...thank you!) to contact with issues, but am waiting to see what they say before jumping the gun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If we are denied here, what should I do?  My thought is to get the denial in writing and then contact the commander at BUMED.  Anything else?  Just trying to get everything in order in case.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts