Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.... Just when I think that I have done everything right for my DS... I start reading about how there is thimerosal in the flu vac. I had no idea! What is wrong with me.... I guess I was just listening to the advise I was given.... hmmm.. how disturbing.

Anyway.... I had the flu vac while I was pregnant with my son 2 years ago and then last year he got it himself.... urrr..... I feel sick right now... OKay... if he would have had problems with it..likes causing him slowing learning or anything like that, it would be showing right now... right???? Because he is a very smart little guy... no worries .... right????

What about the thimerosal free vacs????? Should I ask for that one?

Thank you!!!! Rachel

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've had the flu shot in all 3 of my pregnancies and I have 2 very smart children, one is only 6 months old but I'm sure she'll be smart too. And my DD has had the full strength thimerosol flu shot before too. I wouldn't do the thimerosol flu shot again because now I know better. And the flu shot is ineffective in kids under age 2 so I wouldn't get it if he's under 2. We get the flu shot for the older kids and will as long as we have an infant in the house. Otherwise I would skip it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts