Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
i will add that the yoga part, isn't really yoga. it's yoga-like. that is, the postures kinda, but don;t really, look like yoga poses. they don't do the same 'work' that the yoga poses they're supposed to be do, and they don't therefore give the same results as a 'traditional' (non-mixed) yoga practice.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've done it and have really liked it, the ballet part is a major Butt-killer, for me anyways. I posted here months ago with your same question, I had seen a info on TV and it looked pretty fun. I was able to find the main DVD on ebay by it's self which was great because I didn't want to buy the whole set and then not like it. Well I do like it although I should be useing it more often
:

One thing that I do like is that it's in sections, so if you want to just do the warm up and the ballet you can. And first few sections are all not that long......so it doesn't seem like your there for very long, because before you know it you are on to the next section.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a really hard time with the concept of Yoga Booty Ballet. I'm a classically trained ballet dancer and I practice yoga on a daily basis, and take both disciplines pretty seriously, so I have a hard time with something which has 'Yoga' and 'Ballet' (the booty part doesn't help
) in the title, but isn't really either.

Everything zoebird stated about the 'yoga' not really being yoga applies to the 'ballet' as well. The movements may be ballet inspired, but are not ballet.

It might be a really nice work-out (have not watched it all the way through), I just have a problem with the title.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.