Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our school offers afterschool enrichment programs twice each semester. Everything from Irish Step Dance, to Comic Book Illustration to Fencing! The only class offered to ECE however, is a yoga class. Since the daughter of the woman who drives our ds too and from school is signing up, I signed my ds up as well.<br><br>
He is a SUPER high energy kid and I'm thinking this could go one of two ways. He will either thrive or it will be a monumental failure :LOL He has done yoga with me from time to time but his attention to it isn't great. Of course I'm also not doing it with a 4yo in mind and the instructor will be. I truly hope it goes well. Because of our ride's daughter being enrolled we really need him in there as well for logistical reasons.<br><br>
Anyone have any experience with a very active kiddo in yoga? How'd it go? Any advice on preping him?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I don't have tons of experience with this, but my DD's preschool has a certified children's yoga instructor as part of the regular curriculum. I walked through there during the 4-year-old class last week, and all the kids seemed really into it. I know my 3.5-yo DD loves it.<br><br>
Personally, I think it would be good for a super energetic kid. I'm actually thinking of signing my DD up for extra classes, hoping it will help her focus on breathing during her panic attacks.<br><br>
Let us know how it goes, OK?

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I was a very hyper child, and yoga was a big help to me. I think I was six or seven when I started yoga. It taught me how to calm myself, how to relax when I started freaking out or getting overstimulated (I'm also highly sensitive, possibly had/have SID, too).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts