Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mods please move if appropriate...<br><br>
Last week I found myself crying during yoga. I do a very gentle hatha style yoga. It caught me off guard and while my teacher insisted that it was a good thing and beautiful I didn't really believe her until I did my own research. Because I was caught off guard I am pretty certain I did not release whatever it was fully. What suggestions do you have to support a full cry release in the presence and under expectations of others?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">What suggestions do you have to support a full cry release in the presence and under expectations of others?</td>
</tr></table></div>
That's a really hard questions because we are all so different. I know of people experiencing different emotions during a yoga practice - especially the hip opening postures. Maybe try to remember that when you are in a yoga class you are in a supportive environment. Yoga teachers know to expect this - it isn't going to weird them out and they will support you. It's something I always tell my students. If you feel it, experience and let it go. Now you know it's okay, you can give *yourself* permission to release that.<br><br>
I tend to experience amazing feelings of love wash over me, but I've never cried.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I weep at every yoga class I go to! (quietly)<br>
(and not once during prenatal yoga... hmmm.)<br>
For this reason, I am very particular about my teachers, and only stay in classes where I can trust the teacher to guide me skillfully. I figure, if my fellow yogis in the class get wierded out, or have a judgement, well - that's their yoga practice. And the teacher can help them out too, but I'm not on duty for taking care of them.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's happened to me a few times during hot yoga, but there is loud-ish music, so no one can hear. Totally cathartic though for me, and the teacher was amazing and supportive when I approached her after class the first time I found myself so emotional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts