Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Does anyone have the Yoshi blade (advertised on tv)?  CVS has it and I'm wondering if it's any good.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have it, please tell me if you like it or not and why.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
742 Posts
<p>This question is so timely I'm chuckling to myself because my dh and I just spent the afternoon cutting things with it at my FIL's house haha. He just got one and we were "testing" it with his other knives and peeler (it comes with a free peeler). I wasn't at all impressed by the peeler, but the knife itself was pretty cool. HOWEVER, you aren't supposed to chop at all with it (just slice) and you're not supposed to cut meat with it except for boneless/skinless. I don't think it was worth the retail price, but FIL got it for half off so it was a good deal. We had fun slicing stuff lol</p>

·
Registered
347 Posts
We have it--it slices very well but it's annoying that you can't chop with it. I wouldn't have paid full retail price for it, either, but ours was also on sale when my husband decided we <b>needed</b> it.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
<p>we had a ceramic knife (not sure of the brand) after a while it got dull and now sits at the bottom of the drawer... don't think it can be sharpened!</p>

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
<p>I think it can be sharpened.  Let me ask my husband.  He's a machinist for the military and excellent at sharpening things.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts