Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to talking with this nice mom while our kids played the other day. As usually happens, DS (three) eventually strolled over, climbed on board and started to nurse. The woman casually says, "You're not from here, are you? Where are you from?"

I answered, "Yeah, I'm from NY. You noticed that I don't have a southern accent, huh."

Since I'm so desensitized to the idea that nursing a three-year-old is "odd", it didn't occur to me that she was referring to that.

So she says, "No, I mean nursing a toddler. In Arkansas you get praise if you make it to six months."

Oy . . . .

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
roflmao!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heffernhyphen View Post
Yeah, sometimes I almost force DS to nurse just so we can set the example. My DH says I'm exploiting him.

Yeah, maybe so. But he hasn't complained yet.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am just 'up river' from there in st. louis and I see SO many bottles when I am out I want to be SICK!! I feel SO SORRY for those babies not to mention the moms (they could be lowering their own and their baby's risk of SO MANY diseases!!).
I will be in your situation soon! My almost 2 yo son is like the ENergizer Bunny when it comes to nursing

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
yep it's pretty much that way here in GA too outside of Atlanta- but we're still nursing at 19 months and I definately AM from around these parts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.