Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey mammas, I was told by my brother in law...who is also the brother of my ex husband....told me I am raising my sons to be woosies...My 2 year old is gentle and sensative...he likes to play in makeup and paint his toe nails...he also likes cars and trucks....playing hard and getting messey.....I am raising these 3 kids alone with no help from me ex...and my brother in law said I need to allow him to pick up my sons so he can rough em up....I told him i didnt allow rough play, my 2 year old gets really aggressive when mad and punches and slpas...so I try to keep things gentle...Anyway....I just had to let you all know, I am raising a woosie..i guess....and I love him......painted toes and all

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Well that makes two of us!!!!! My DS 2 loves to have his toenails painted and his favorite toy is his stuffed minnie mouse doll

I hate gender stereotypes,they're just dumb.

·
Registered
925 Posts
my son loves "princess" things (anything pink/with a pretty girl on it). he also has a few bags (some might call them purses). i tried to downplay the rough housing too, but i have come to the conclusion that he really loves and needs it.
some people are so crazy about gender issues.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Only people who are uncomfortable with themselves would make such a comment. Besides, who cares?!?! I can tell you, I'd LOVE to have a compassionate and secure man as a partner and usually those ones were the wussies! If you continue to raise them this way, they are going to be amazing men!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your Brother in Law sounds like a real catch. I would suggest he right a parenting book, or pamphlet. Good thing you have the heads up and can limit alone with him and your kids. We don't hug our boys enough. My son gets manicures and pedicures when he goes over to his Grandmas house. My son is all boy in one way, but picks me flowers and picked the pink balloon over the red one the other day, and appreciates pretty stuff. The other day he put a hair clip in dd's hair and said he made her look like Cinderella. Just and stuff like that. I see him becoming a ladies man, charming, thoughtful, romantic. The LAST kind of man I'd be attracted to is a stupid guy guy who watches sports all day and revs his engine when other peoples babies are trying to sleep. My neighbors have their motorcycle buddies over every weekend. They hang out in the driveway, reeving their engines, and allowing their kids to ride with them without helmets, their 3 boys are a nightmare!!! Way too roughed up and macho. The 14 year old thinks he's the bomb and is a real jerk already. It's going to come back and bite them.

Seriously thought, macho may be cool in 6'th grade, but when they are adults, being open and sensitive will really pay off. Keep up the good work!! Does your sister have kids with your brother in law?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I guess because we don't rough up our little boys that they are wussies then! I have one too!!! But mine loves trucks, and trains and dirt, but wanted his toes painted the other day when mommy painted hers. I HATE the gender stereotyping too! The last thing I want is some macho, he-man ds who thinks its not ok to cry!

The other day my neighbor, a really old man who my ds loves, he is a retired police officer and is obviously very old school, not GD, when it comes to raising children. We were outside this weekend and ds was pushing his truck and tripped and scrapped his face on the ground. The neighbor said "oh you're ok, don't cry, only sissies cry" Well, my poor baby just looked at me with his lip hanging out and you could tell that he wanted to cry but was afraid to - so of course I got him and told him it was ok to cry...but
:

·
Registered
381 Posts
My, now 8 year old son, used to paint his nails, want to have clips in his hair and loved the color pink for many years. At times, my brothers would make comments, which fell on deaf ears. But that all changed, unfortunately, when he began public school... it actually didn't change until first grade and peer pressure set in.

Anyway, just thought I would share. Stick to your 'guns' and parent your way - I would definitely nix the idea of this guy taking the little ones out... who knows what would happen!

·
Registered
178 Posts
my little one is a wuss too. and I like it that way~

long hair, glasses, very sensitive, cuddler, great kisser, empathic, asks for manicures, likes me to put his hair up, loves to cook and shop.

He wants a fairy dress with wings this summer. That will have to wait until we get a place of our own. PaPa would not let that one lie. PaPa still teases Carlin about his long hair and temper tantrums. Calls him 'Carlina' in a high singsong voice. I'm trying to teach Carlin to say 'I don't like that.' but it's hard to stand up to someone so big.

He has a kid doll named Donny that he sleeps with, along with SnugglePuppy.

Love and Light,
Bryanna

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yes crying...brother in law when My little men cry..he says..Oh boys dont cry...walk it off...he is fine.....Drives me nutz

As for him having kids..yes they have 1 daughter......and he is most proud of her when she gets hurt and doesnt cry...he calls her a tough chick....

thank you for the kinds support...I love my gentle wussies.......they are amazing.....as are all of yours too........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.