Votes: 2 8.0%
  • The ever-present OTHER

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I finally found a girl's name we can agree on! Well, for now anyway...
But, we're going back and forth over the middle name.
Please share your thoughts...

Updated below - post #9. We're not going with either choice, so you don't have to vote.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i love the name Serena, but dont like it with either Hope or Rain.
I feel that Serena is very beautiful and strong, and Hope/Rain just dont cut it for me as a companion to that.
So i am not voting in the poll but think Serena is just beautiful.

Serena Grace comes to mind for some reason.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I see what you are saying...

Like you, im not so into Serena Hope and I just dont know why I dont like Serena Rain. You know, sometimes you just love it and sometimes not. What is important of course is that YOU love it.

gosh, Serena is hard to think up a middle name for!

I mean, some are coming to mind but i dont even like them myself so wont post them

·
Registered
242 Posts
I said Serena Rain, but I'm not crazy about it. I don't like "virtue" names, so Hope doesn't do it for me. But I love nature names. Leila's mn is Rose, I think it sounds nice with Serena too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since it's so feminine and etheral, I would pair it with something simple and down to earth. Like Serena Jane. Or something quirky and unusual, like Serena Blythe.

Having both a first and middle name that is airy and whimsical (like Serena Hope and Serena Rain) sounds a little too cutesy to me. Or like something a celebrity would name their kid. It actually reminds me of the names we gave our "eggs" in Grade 10 Parenting class (names like Trinity, Felicity, Destiny, etc).

But Serena is beautiful. I really love that name. Just the middle names I don't like. Sorry if that sounds mean, I'm just trying to give an honest opinon!

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, we decided on a third option. At least until we change our minds.
My son's middle name is after my husband's grandfather, who he was close to as a child. And I'd like to honor one of my family members this time. So, for now anyway, we'll go with Marie as a middle name - after my grandmother Mary who I'm closest to and have the most in common with. I figure Marie is close enough to Mary - the only way we'd use Mary is if we named our child Mary Jane instead.
I don't love Marie, but it's better than my son's middle name, and I've learned to live with that.

Thanks for your input. Even the posts that were hard to read.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I initially voted Serena Hope, but Serena Marie sounds great to me too!

I knew a girl in school who was named Serrin Clay. For some reason her name reminded me of Serena. Clay, I'm assuming was for her mother's passion for making pottery.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Marie was my DH's grandmother's middle name, but she went by it instead of her first name (Cassie, I think). I'm thinking of Anna Marie after our favorite grandmothers, so of course, Marie has my vote and I think it sounds nice with Serena.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.