Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM DONE BEING PREGNANT. Done done done done done. For the rest of my life I'm done (remind me to read this if I ever get baby rabies again).

Done with the baby pushing on me so hard I bruise and contractions happen. Done with not being able to do ANYTHING, ever. Done with the hemorrhoids, the swelling, the carpel tunnel, the nausea, the vomiting, the reflux, the fatigue, the sciatica, the sore feet, the sensitive skin, the discharge, the incontinence, ALL OF IT.

Get it out!!! Get it out of me now!!!!

Ah. I want to die just *thinking* about the next 8 weeks.

This was brought to you by the 108 degree heat wave, my cluttered house, and my sheer discomfort.

·
Registered
242 Posts
one one hand I'd like to go overdue with him so that he's not as old when DH returns from deployment and I'll have help earlier. He Daddy should be home about 6-8 weeks after his birth.

On the other hand, I can't wait to have him out! I'm so done with the pelvic pressure, hormonal outbursts, short temper, and general pain. I've got the ear infection from hell right now and there's very litle I an do about it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sometimes I think of how I'll never have to be pregnant again and I get SO happy!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mouso View Post
Sometimes I think of how I'll never have to be pregnant again and I get SO happy!

Me too!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
So sorry you're so miserable, Lindsay!!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Oh come on. I LOVE the above listed ailments. They make me so happy and giddy inside.

Talula - I am right there with you on being done with all of the "joys" that pregnancy brings but I'm not sure that this is my last.

You can do it!

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mouso View Post

I should think of it that way more often!

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Quote:
Done with the baby pushing on me so hard I bruise and contractions happen.
I thought I was the only one in pain when the baby moved. He's strong and it HURTS.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
All you can do is make the best of it. I know at times it is difficult but your baby needs to bake a while longer. Hang in there and try some positive thinking. HTH!

·
Registered
895 Posts
The heat makes it so easy to be grumpy and uncomfortable doesn't it

We have crashed into summer here too after really cool days last week. It almost 100 degrees now at 6pm YUCK!!! I was hoping I left the heat up in San Jose yesterday, but nope we got the same stuff here too

Maybe we will get another weather break and get to be comfortable again at least weather wise!!!!

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
All you can do is make the best of it. I know at times it is difficult but your baby needs to bake a while longer. Hang in there and try some positive thinking. HTH!
Well yeah. I wasn't suggesting I go off and get my c/s now. I've already paid my midwife well over 2k of 4. I'm having my homebirth!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I cry almost everyday because I am so done. I count the days until I will reach the "magical" due date, but i also keep track in my head of how many days I have until 38 weeks because that is when DD2 came (and the earliest that my ob said she could induce me if it reaches that point- she is really worried about how I am dealing at this moment).

I am ready to eat food and feel nourished by it, not throw it up and feel like eating is a horrid mistake and that I should give it up.

I am ready to be able to get into bed, walk, go up the stairs, and carry my toddler without my hips hurting so bad that I cry (and have to take prescriptions just to sleep through the pain). I also would love to not have a hip randomly give out on me and to have that scare of falling or almost dropping my toddler.

I am ready to feel like I can take a full breath again. I am ready to be able to fix the damage that throwing up so much has done to my teeth. I am ready to not feel like my ribs are about to snap because my little babe is pushing up so hard. I am ready to sleep again- even with a newborn I sleep so much more than I am now. I am ready to feel like a person who is not falling to pieces.

I am so very happy to know that this is my last pregnancy, yet it is sad to think of this as my last baby. I can not go through this again. My body is falling apart and it is just much to rough on me.

Grow little babe, grow and get strong and come out to be safely snuggled in my arms so I can smell your beautiful little soft head and milky breath. It is the thought of that moment that keeps me going.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I'm sorry. I feel your pain. I'm ready to be able to get up from a sitting position and not have contractions. We went camping and I couldn't do anything fun. I was also enjoying the long spring we had here but the weather decided to do its regular thing and be hot. We're in the 90's and above and I can't wear my rings anymore.

I tell myself only 2 more months but I think I need to just have an IV put in, be put to sleep for the next 2 months and then they can wake me up to go into labor. Although, I'm getting nervous for labor. I just want my body back.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I AM DONE BEING PREGNANT. Done done done done done. For the rest of my life I'm done (remind me to read this if I ever get baby rabies again).
Amen, Sister. I am not hugely pregnant by any means, in fact I'm measuring small and the midwife thinks my baby was only about 3 lbs at the 31 week visit.

But, this has been such an awful and stressful pregnancy (bleeding, cramps, scares, etc) and I am SO done. Adoption sounds like a great option if I am craving a little one again. I seriously am done too. I would be upset if the baby came right now because my homebirth plans would go out the window, but part of me would be so relieved to just be done with this. I can get so paranoid...is the baby still moving? Is it still alive? Is it comfortable? Enough amniotic fluid? Growing enough? And I just get freaked out not really knowing. I wish I were a more trusting person but I'm not and I just want this over with.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think I'm there too - can't believe I have to be soo big and uncomfortable for another 6 weeks... 6 more

MY hips give me such fits. and lately the baby has proven she is very strong and has tried to rearrange my pelvis. My feet swelling, getting up to pee ten times a night... being alway tired, no fun girl...ugh. and lately the hormonal sensitivity, crying attacks, yes and yuck to the incontinence and discharge.

I love the idea of visualizing soft sweet baby to get through this.. but I am so fearful something will happen to her before she comes... kinda sick of the fear and worry about her postion and her cord... so can I just say I'm done worrying all the time too, so tired of the worrying. It is wearing me out.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I keep thinking that "I am going to do this at least two more times? Am I crazy?" I keep asking dh why it is so much harder this time, and he says it is not, I am really just forgetting last time. We really do have some kind of hormone that helps us forget all the bad stuff afterwards. So, I am sure I will be doing htis again. As for just being able to complain, here I go:

I have hardley been able to walk this whole pregnancy. My hips are so much better now bc I never get up to do anything. But that means I am gaining weight and really out of shape.

When I do get up (usually to do a 2 hour photo shoot) I feel so much pain in the bottoms of my feet, for days. Is my weight causing my arches to collapse?

I waddle, bc the baby's head has been right there in between my legs the whole time. I guess I am kind of glad for that. She know what the right position is.

I am covered in itchy bumps. I have been taking benydryl, which makes me so tired, and rubbing hydrocortozone cream all over my body-and there are still there and so itchy
I am going to see an acupunctuist and a dermatologist today.

I am so swollen all over it is hard to move.

I can't sleep bc I am too itchy or hot.

My arms and hands both fall into a deep sleep all the time, but esp just moments after I lay down.

I guess I am pretty moody. I think dh is really sick of me and I am sick of fighting with him.

I can't really move around to get things done.

I am sometimes really freaked out about how painful it will be to push the baby out. I ordered the hypnobabies course-someone here please tell me that will make all the difference.

Ok, now a positive list, bc that is way too negative.

I have a beautiful baby growing in my belly.

I get to have a beautiful baby girl in my arms in just a few weeks. Someone that (is it possible?) I can love as much as my son.

Ok, that is all I have for the positive right now. Shoot. Can someone else name a few things?

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raene View Post
Amen, Sister. I am not hugely pregnant by any means, in fact I'm measuring small and the midwife thinks my baby was only about 3 lbs at the 31 week visit.

But, this has been such an awful and stressful pregnancy (bleeding, cramps, scares, etc) and I am SO done. Adoption sounds like a great option if I am craving a little one again. I seriously am done too. I would be upset if the baby came right now because my homebirth plans would go out the window, but part of me would be so relieved to just be done with this. I can get so paranoid...is the baby still moving? Is it still alive? Is it comfortable? Enough amniotic fluid? Growing enough? And I just get freaked out not really knowing. I wish I were a more trusting person but I'm not and I just want this over with.
Man I have that same thought every day about going into preterm labor. Especially when the BH contractions kick up hardcore like they did yesterday. I think to myself, "I'd lose my homebirth....BUT I WOULDN'T BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!!" Then I think of what a nightmare it was for my friends who had preemies and all the problems they had in the beginning and I think ok...just 8 more weeks. But that seems like an eternity right now!

My other two pregnancies certainly came with their share of discomfort. However, this one by far surpasses them. BY. FAR.

Stacey, it's totally true about that hormone that makes you forget!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sorry ladies. I wish I could send all of you some type of "get out of pregnancy pains" free card at least for a couple of days or weeks. I swear, before we know it, we will be typing up our birth stories and wondering where all the time went. Well, maybe not..... just trying to wishful think for you all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts