Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day my oldest, dd8, went downstairs to watch cartoons while I was doing dishes.. to my surprise, 40 min later, I walk into the room to find her wide-eyed laying in the bed...watching an infomercial

she instantly jumps up and starts telling me all about this H2O mop- including that it "barely takes any effort!" She was telling me all about how our floors aren't really clean, and that this is the mop that will solve our problems..

it cleans carpets too (she's saying as I type)..

Last night she said that she wants to put it on her Christmas list- only three easy payments of $33- and is wondering if Santa will bring it..

hahaha, I think we have a little consumer-in-training here

(now I just have to figure out a way to keep them from sucking her in next time- it did look fun though
)

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Last spring at Girl Scout camp, I found a drawing lying around showing a dripping faucet with the words, laboriously printed by a ~7-year-old, "Are you tired of seeing monny go down the drane on home owner's inshurents?"

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnviroBecca View Post
Last spring at Girl Scout camp, I found a drawing lying around showing a dripping faucet with the words, laboriously printed by a ~7-year-old, "Are you tired of seeing monny go down the drane on home owner's inshurents?"

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elisent View Post
My children were absolutely convinced that I needed some expandable purse with awesome storage compartments they saw on an infomercial. I don't even carry a purse!
And THAT is exactly why you need one,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by transformed View Post
that is hilarious!

I get sucked into the ones with the cooking contraptions. I like watching them effortlessly prepare a million amazing dishes!
:

me too... or the cleaning ones that clean everything with ease. i want them to come to my house and clean for me. THEN i'll buy

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
My dd(7) did that too a few months ago!!! At Target she stopped and said "OMG, is that the SALLY FOSTER GREEN VEGGIE BAG?!" She couldnt believe our luck and told me all about them!!

Well, Id rather have her explaining fresher veggies to me than some of the other things she could learn from tv!!

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
My dd(7) did that too a few months ago!!! At Target she stopped and said "OMG, is that the SALLY FOSTER GREEN VEGGIE BAG?!" She couldnt believe our luck and told me all about them!!

Well, Id rather have her explaining fresher veggies to me than some of the other things she could learn from tv!!

DD is absolutely determined that we will buy Green Bags. She saw an ad - once - on the weather channel.

I do think it's hilarious that toy ads mostly leave her untouched (she sees them sometimes at my sister's or mom's), but household gadgets seem to have a huge appeal.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I have to say....Those green bags RAWWKK.LOL I can't believe how long my zuchinni last in those things.

My kids want a shark. I think it's kind of like that h2o thing. We watch too much t.v. This thread has inspired me to turn it off today

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoticzenmom View Post
I have to say....Those green bags RAWWKK.LOL I can't believe how long my zuchinni last in those things.
I actually do plan to buy some. I used to use a green disk that worked the same way, but I can't find them, anymore.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.