Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have heard people that have toddlers or younger children have them play during school time or maybe are given an educational box with things inside. Has anyone got any ideas what I should do in the box? I was thinking themes. Or does anyone know where I can look for ideas? DS is 2yrs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Rhonda

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
I've heard of it too... and I always marvel that it works for people.
: There's no way such a thing would work on Bella.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I've heard of it too... and I always marvel that it works for people.
: There's no way such a thing would work on Bella.

I'd have to put duct tape in my toddler's box...and Xanax in mine.

Honestly, I put her at the kitchen table with us and I work with the youngers (6 and almost 4) while she colors, stacks blocks, plays with counting dinosaurs, whatever. More than anything she wants access to scissors! I also keep a large whiteboard and dry-erase markers handy, and set her on the floor to scribble to her heart's content (she gets very messy, but it's easy clean up, and then we can put her in the shower, which is another good half hour's peace).

Another thing she loves is the kitchen sink running at a dribble while I provide her with measuring cups, spoons, bowls, etc. It's a little messy, but not too bad, and she's learned to keep a towel handy even though she's only one year old (well, she'll be two in November).

Since we do our homework at the kitchen table, I'm right there with her and can supervise the youngest three.

The older ones, I have always just sort of tossed books their way and told them to get to it.
So far, it's worked.

love, penelope

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Not educational but my daughter has a box with "her" crayons, some blocks, a few small toys, so when I pull out "time for school" she has something too, and I'll print special pages, like Cinderella for her.. I forget what else is in there. Also her play kitchen is in the ktichen by the table where we sometimes work. Lately we've been in the living room on the floor or coffee table so she just plays since her toys are in there anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.