Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that doesn't use any kind of sugar, dairy, wheat or fruits.

I just got some fresh and want to use it right away.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
yum.
i have a simple one... it is with pasta- but i am sure you have wheat free kind?
here it is anyway
Roasted Asparagus over penne pasta
break off woody stems
cut into peices( i just break them)
put in shallow baking dish
drizzle with olive oil and garlic- fresh if you got it- if not garlic pepper or garlic salt work great.
Put oven to 500 degrees.
Cook for 10 minutes or so...
Boil some water- cook some penne or whatever you have...
I like the penne cause it is the same size as the asparagus
mix together and top with fresh grated parmesean cheese- fresh is really important to me.... with the cheese.. there is no comparison imo..... but use what you got.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I love it just lightly roasted, or steamed. I toss it in olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs, then roast it 400 degrees for 10 min (depending on the thickness of the asparagas)

Also it is wonderful in a quiche or a frittatta if you eat eggs.

Lastly, steamed cold asparagas is wonderful with dips, or if you take a few spears and wrap proscuitto around it, then drizzle with olive oil, yum!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I saw Rachael Ray make Asparagus with Prosciutto and it looks yummy!

I saw her do another version where she did basically the same thing, but added a pat of cream cheese inside the prosciutto and wrapped individual spears making it an appetizer/finger food. If you eat soy you could try subbing tofutti cream cheese.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rubyred
We toss in olive oil, add salt and pepper, and grill them. Yummy!
I do something similar, but under the broiler.

Put on a cookie sheet, pour olive oil over, salt and pepper them and roll them around so the oil coats them. Broil until soft. So easy and really, really good!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I do the olive oil, s&p thing too, but grill them on the George. Super yummy.

I have a recipe around somewhere for guacamole made from asp. Sounds weird, but it's very good. I'll try to find it and post it later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts