Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH & I are starting our Highchair search & not finding too many we like... we want something with a vinyl seat cover we can wipe off easily & want a "double tray" so you can feed the baby, take away the messy tray & still have a tray there for playing with toys.<br>
thanks for any sugestions!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Well, how about a wooden one? They're super easy to wipe off. And, we preferred to just push it up to the table so he was eating w/us from the table. Anyhow, we gave that up around 10 mos. for both kids and got a Stokke chair instead. Awesome. And, again, they eat w/us from the table.<br>
Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
529 Posts
We have a Fisher Price Deluxe Healthy Care high chair I *love*. It's a lot cheaper than most of the other ones ($69 at Target) and yet has tons of features. Lockable wheels, full harness including shoulder straps (most don't, which was a major issue when I was looking for one), removable vinyl pad, adjustable height, AND it comes with three removable trays that fit on the main tray.<br><br>
A wooden high chair (and a lot of cheaper high chairs) was out for us because we needed somethign that would fold up for storage because out house is tiny.<br><br>
It doesn't lock into place when it's folded like we'd like, but that's easily taken care of with a little cord we bought at the hardware store.<br><br>
Be sure you get the Deluxe version, however, because the non deluxe version IIRC doesn't have the removable trays or the wheels.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
We ended up getting the portable kind that clips to the edge of the table. They are at your height and feel included in mealtime, not so much an observer, and use the table to play when you wash the tray. The only disadvantage is it doesn't wheel around your kitchen, but the positive for us was how little space it took up!

·
Registered
323 Posts
We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care high chair. It sounds like what you might be looking for. We have the older model that doesn't have wheels, but it folds up really well. The newer model has wheels, which would have been helpful when dd was smaller and wanted my company while I was making dinner. It was a drag to pull the high chair into the kitchen; wheels would have made it much easier.<br><br>
Good luck!<br><br>
F.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">AND it comes with three removable trays that fit on the main tray.</td>
</tr></table></div>
oooh! for $69 I think I'm in love.<br><br>
Thanks for the recommendations! I have thought of trying to get one of the wooden high chairs that was used in my family, but my dad would have to ship it from CO. I definitely love the Kinderseat for later! How old do they have to be to use one?

·
Registered
72 Posts
We thought alot about the big white highchairs, and there is no question that they make a more comforatable seat (especially for infants) than the standard wooden one and they are easy to wipe off. But, they are unlike our own family wooden table and chair set and we knew that at 13-14 months, our son would be happy to eat at a small child's wooden chair and table set--which he is. So, we used a wooden high chair complimented by a wooden chair and table set as he grew taller. He is 14 months and uses both everyday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts