Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want scalloped potatoes but I've never found a recipe that I love. Please post your favorite recipe? I want to make some early next week. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Mine's not real healthy, but it tastes great!<br><br>
I don't really measure, just add things to taste and to fully cover the potatoes.<br><br>
cream of chicken soup (I use 2 cans for a 9x13 pan)<br>
butter (1/4 cup?)<br>
sour cream (one of the small containers)<br>
salt<br>
pepper<br>
paprika<br>
cheese (lots)<br>
onions (whole medium)<br>
potatoes<br><br>
Boil potatoes until tender (not too much, you don't want them to be mush). Mix soup and butter and heat until the soup is bubbly. Add sour cream and onions, heat through. Add salt, pepper, and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Pour over the potatoes, top with more cheese and bake at 350 for half an hour. Top with paprika.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I don't really have a recipe, but I can tell you my method.<br><br>
I make a white sauce (cook butter/olive oil -- I usually use a mixture of both -- with some flour, whisk in milk or cream, cook until thickened) and then add the sliced potatoes and onions (raw) and cook gently until tender. At this point you can add in some ham if you like. Then I pour the whole thing into a buttered casserole dish and bake (I have also done them very successfully in the crockpot) at 350ish until the potatoes are totally tender and the sauce is nice and thick. At the very end of the cooking I top with some cheese -- parmesan, cheddar, whatever I have/feel like -- and pop back into the oven to let the cheese brown and melt.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts