Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just turned 34. I quit nursing my daughter one year ago last July, and although I was having what I thought were nice, mellow normal periods during the 2.5 years I nursed her, I do remember telling my sister how "easy" they were. However, since I quit nursing, they returned with a force of nature, like a storm that didn't know which way to blow. I was wacked emotionally for many many months. I think hormonally, my body was attempting to contain the storm, and it eventually did.

Now a year later I am calm, and predictably regular in my symptoms again. But it seems like the fertile part of my cycle is extremely profound - actually the entire monthly process is. I have sore boobs almost all month long except immediately before ovulation. I have high ovarian activity just before and after ovulation. Some months I have easy to read EWCF, and some months just a little bit. I know from charting that I am only truly fertile for 1-2 days max per month, and maybe even half a day. But the thing that's weird is, I feel "fertile", like I never did in my 20s.

Now maybe it's all in my head, because I am more in touch with these feelings since my pregnant days began (29). Maybe I am premenopausal - tee hee. Or maybe, lots of other moms in their 30s can relate to this and share a similar, or different experience here....

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Quote:
Any fertile moms in their 30's have preovulatory zits these days?
Not quite in my 30s (almost...I'm 29) and I'm not a mama yet (we've been TTC for going on 10 months) BUT.......I do get preovulatory zits.

Lovely, eh?

I was on the pill so I didn't ovulate for MANY years....now...woa...I get a big ol' zit in some very unfortunate place every month with O and again with AF.

~Erin

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know!!! I conceived my first when I was 29 - and we had "not been protected" for a loooong time. I had two problems then. One being my window of opportunity (1 day) and my husband is a musician and was out of town 9 out of my 12 cycle weeks for a whole !*#@! year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.