Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out today that I'm pg!!! Anyway, a good friend of mine is a few weeks further along than I am. My mom asked me today where the friend is going to have the baby. What hospital, of course. I told her she was having the baby at home. She said "that's nice but you're not going to do that, right?" I reminded her of the huge screw up that occurred at my last birth in a hospital. It was the biggest nightmare of my life. I still can't step foot in that hospital. I'm surprised ds3 and I made it out alive. Of course I'm having a homebirth, YES, YES, YES!!!!! Geez!

Thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Congrats on your pregnancy and planned homebirth.I had both mine at home and LOVED IT!!!Ok labor pains stink,but I still loved having my babies at home as opposed to in a hospital like dh prefered.
Hugs!!!!
Sara

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Congratulations on your news! How exciting! Moms can have a way with words, can't they

I just had a friend email today b/c she'd forgotten to ask if I was going to "do that birth at home thing" again. Uh, yep
Can't imagine any other place

All the best,

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Congratulations!!! So this is number 6? I'm excited for you!
And that's so neat that you have a friend to go through it with, especially someone who is taking the same approach to birth. So just out of curiosity... I am sure I read about your last birth but can't remember the details -- do you have your birth stories up somewhere?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Congrats an poo on the naysayers!! I'm such a b&^ch that our families kept their mouths quite shut. Now, after all they have seen from our homebirths, most of them are on the homebirth bandwagon!
My mother, the dumbest person in the world I have to admit, completely floored me when she told a naysayer that I knew what I was doing and that the naysayer needed to shut up.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueviolet
Congratulations!!! So this is number 6? I'm excited for you!
And that's so neat that you have a friend to go through it with, especially someone who is taking the same approach to birth. So just out of curiosity... I am sure I read about your last birth but can't remember the details -- do you have your birth stories up somewhere?

I don't have my birth stories up anywhere. They just did a bang up job on me. Forced me to try and turn the baby b/c he was breach. Told me it wouldn't hurt but it hurt like hell and I was bruised for weeks after. Then they insisted that they induce or they would do a csection. It all happened so fast and I was so scared. Anyway, I'm very soft spoken and didn't say anything. I was on the drip for 19 hrs! It was awful. I relented and got an epideral and they screwed it up and hit my spine! Then after the baby was born I got the spinal headaches and couldn't sit up for three days. I got some sort of infection and had the shakes for weeks after. Then I got horrible ppd which I'd never gotten before. I had three totally natural births and one somewhat "drugged" birth before the fifth one. I didn't bond with the baby and never even went to the midwife for my 6 wk check up. I will never set foot in that hospital ever again. I wish I knew then what I know now.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I am so happy for you darlin'
I just can't wait to stitch 2 born t home onesies and ship them up to you guys

Keri

PS I'm thinking you need a new shirt:
Yes, they are ALL MINE
Yes, I know what causes it
Yes, I am Catholic!
No, I don't need your unsolicited advice!

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:LOL Keri, you kill me! You stitch it, I'll buy it
:

I'm SO excited! I talked to the midwife today and have my first appt. set up. I am literally glowing! (or it could be the sweat)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I can totally relate! My MIL just asked me yesterday what I was planning on doing for the birth, stating 'someone asked and I told them I didn't want to know' So I told her we were considering a hb, and she said 'with anyone? (mw) and I said 'we don't know yet. She was WHITE :LOL she and my mom are both pedi nurses so we do the don't ask, don't tell with them. Good luck to you!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I've been avoiding answering the question, too! My mother is mentally ill and has been off her meds for a year now, so she can't "handle" things like a normal person. If I tell her and she goes on a manic episode, I'll have the added guilt of having "put her through that" and have to put up with whatever horrible things she has to say for days on end, and negative energy, all of which I greatly want to avoid!

She finally asked which hospital I was going to have the baby at. I kind of side stepped the question and white lied... We're moving, so I said "I don't know which hospital it would be at, because it depends where we move." My back-up plan is that if something were to go drastically wrong, I'll transport in to a hospital, so I figure that answer wasn't EXACTLY a lie.

My birth, my decision, no one else's business!!

Monica

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Congrats! I hope your mom comes around, it can be very hard when family is not supportive. My MIL laughed and acctually thought we were joking when we told her we having a HB. Once she realized we were serious she really didn't say much to us. I'm sure she said plenty to other people, but at least she didn't try to talk us out of it. Good Luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.