Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My landlord's wife just had a gorgeous baby boy last week, and she was telling me about how well he was doing nursing. then she told me she took him to the ER b/c she didnt think he was peeing enough and b/c his circ scab kept sticking to the diaper and she kept peeling it off at every diaper change.
Apparently, the discharge nurse didnt tell her that she had to keep putting vasalene on it. the poor baby.

I was in such shock I didnt know what to say. I just sat there, holding the baby while she is telling me this, like
. I gave her the baby back and had to leave. I went back later that day, (they had invited us to dinner), but was just so sad the whole time i was there.

I know I should have approached her about this prior to the birth, but she already has one son who is 5 and most likely cut, and her DH is very bossy, very demanding, so he probably would have made her do it anyway. Also, I didnt want to upset them since they are my landlords and we arent under contract anymore, (meaning they can kick us out any time with just a 7-day notice). basically, I didnt feel comfortable talking to her about it. The whole family just has this "vibe" that they are not approachable, ykwim?

I'm so sad for this baby. I dont think they will have any more kids, as the dad has several others with an ex-dw, and this was #2 for his current dw. also, she was induced b/c the Dr thought the baby was too small (
) and they told her that she was just coming in for a stress test. They didnt even DO the stress test, just hooked her up to pitocin and a fetal heart monitor. She asked if that was normal for a stress test, and they said, "oh no, you're getting induced today."

the whole situation is just sad.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

All of that, just...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thats a really sad situation. It burns my butt when people get their boys circ'd and then dont even take the time to learn how to take care of it.
: Ive known many people who have had their DS recirc'd because of adheasions, or the doc didnt take enough off.

Also, I went in for an induction with my DS#1 because of chronic hypertension, and I wasnt making progress so they sent me home, and called it a stress test/oxytocin challenge..so opposite situation, but not unheard of. Maybe the baby was having some problems during the stress test so they decided to deliver? Ugh, medical intervention usually ends up like that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gosh some people. I mean if your gonna circ
at least educate yourself on how to care for it after the surgery is done.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
nak...
glad i wasn't around a person like that while i was pregnant and had a very (very) weak stomach. I would have had to hastily hand the poor child back to her and promptly go and vomit.

:puke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts