Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 3-yr-old DS was doing so well with potty-learning, that when he decided to nap on the couch the other day, I didn't think anything of it! SO of course he has the biggest pee of his life while he's sleeping, and my couch now reeks of urine.

I was going to try to take the covers off the cushions and wash them gently in my washer, but what about the foam part of the cushions??? I don't know if putting them in the sun would get the smell out, or bake it in so that it would smell even worse! Is there any natural "fabreze" type thing I could use?
:
:
:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
if it's in the foam, I'd go to your local fabric store (like Joann if you are in the US) and buy a new foam piece.
I thought about doing that, but I was looking for a less expensive option.
I'm out of Bac-Out, but I can more and was thinking about spraying the foam with that....think that will work?

Pleeeeeaaaase.....any other couch-cleaning suggestions????????

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
We got something nasty in our foam-core couch once (I think it was a pet's doing, but can't remember what). We used Bac-Out and put the cushions outside to dry. They smelled a little weird until the Bac-Out dried, and I think we did another round of it for good measure. But then once they completely dried, the smell was gone.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
i recommend bac-out, too. i think it'll do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.