Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zane has a rash. A BAAAAAD one. Neither of my kids have ever had a rash in 4 years of diapering. I am at a loss. I have tried everything I know of and today threw in the towel and called the ped and put him in a sposie tonight. That just rocks my world, ugh.

It started on Monday. We tried a new nightime diaper and he woke up all red. It has stayed localized, but man it is flaming now. I have changed his diaper every 20 minutes since Monday, used burts bees, wild oats ointment, A & D and now triple paste combined with antibiotic cream, Bactroban, prescribed by my ped.

The only thing I can think of is that it is the new diaper. How can a hemp diaper be causing this when we have used hemp always. And, I really think it is the diaper, because on Wed, it looked a bit better, so I tried to test the diaper and it looked 10 times worse in a half hour.

If anyone has a remedy, let me know. Or any thoughts.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Bummer. Poor kiddo.

Can you do a near-boil of the diaper, in case it still has processing oils or whatever still in it?

It does seem weird that if its a contact thing that it takes so much to get it under control though. Any teething or other "malaise" going on simultaneously?

Hope he heals soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I feel your frustration! My girls have never had a rash and on Monday Avery got the start of one and it just keeps getting worse. I too have thrown in the towel and she's been in sposies all day so I could put A+D on her bottom and not worry about ruining the diapers. I've always used aquaphor and never had a problem. I hate this! I have no idea what's causing it since the diapers have all been stripped and the rash is still there. Hope both of our kids' rashes go away soon....like tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.